When it comes to a puppy, having a routine is very important. Bathing should happen once every 15 days. When the puppy is 2.5 months, you can start bathing them.
Introduction to water and the first experience is critical.
When it comes to bathing, you can let your puppy be distracting by adding lick pads on the wall and putting peanut butter on them, so they don't get stressed and enjoy the bathing procedure. Use positive words while bathing them. Use puppy/tearless shampoo on them. And when they become big, continue to use the puppy shampoo on the face as if the shampoo goes in their eyes. It won't burn them or cause any irritation.
Always dilute the shampoo and conditioner on the puppy/ adult dog's coat. Always use high quality shampoos for your puppy.
The ratio is 1:10. 1 ml of shampoo to 10 ml of water.
- Need for bathing:
- Bathing your pet is integral to general pet care and pet hygiene.
- Helps you remove loose and unwanted hair, debris, and scale and improves hair coat shine.
- Why is it essential for Pet parents to have a bathing schedule for pets:
- It can be enjoyable and therapeutic for you and your pet
- Bathing your pet regularly can ensure that your pet's coat is in good condition
- It keeps any skin infection, such as bacterial or fungal infections, away.
- It also keeps you vigilant about what is going on in your pet's coat, and it can then bring Vet's attention.
- It creates a good bonding time between you and your pet.
- Why is bathing important for a Pet:
- To have healthy skin and a healthy coat
- To remove unpleasant odor
- To remove all the dirt collected on the coat
- For specific skin conditions, bathing is a part of their medical treatment recommended by the Vet.
- Helps in reducing dander or any external parasite
- Helps in reducing irritation and skin infections.
- Bath clams the pets down a lot
- Water helps in relieving joint pains